Young Event Horse Series 2023
The Young Event Horse Series (YES!) continues to present a Series for 4-year old and 5-year old Irish-bred horses. We are the Kindergarten for potential international event horses and a defining link in the long chain from the breeding of a horse to its appearance in a CCI5* – L. It is made up of three distinctive phases
· Ridden Display of Basic Flatwork (RD)
· Jumping (J)
· Suitability & Potential (S&P)
The Objectives of the Young Event-Horse Series remain unchanged from those defined by the Future Event Horse League in 1999. If a synopsis were required, it might be defined as the “pursuit of excellence” in the identification, production and promotion of the best Irish-bred horses which might, in the future, continue to contribute to the pre-eminence of the Irish Sport Horse on the world stage in the sport of eventing.
The talents and performance record of the Irish horse are already established beyond dispute at the highest level in international eventing. The overall objective of the Young Event-Horse Series (YES!) is to further develop the natural talents and skills of both Irish horses and riders, through a series of competitions specifically designed towards education, preparation and testing in a constructive and progressive manner by:
· establishing a basic standard of training and a systematic programme of assessment to promote the education for our horses and riders in the skills required for success in national and international horse trials.
· contributing to our national breeding programme through the introduction of a specific form of performance testing which will demonstrate to the breeders in Ireland the modern-day requirements of a potential international competition horse.
· developing a system whereby our future event horses are presented to potential buyers from home and abroad to the highest standard and in the most professional manner.
For 2023 the Series will run as follows:
Young Event Horse & Junior Young Rider qualifiers TUESDAY
- 6th June: Forth Mountain Stud, Barton, Co. Wexford Y35YP57
- 13th June: Tullylish, Gilford, Co. Armagh BT636AR
- 20th June: Scarteen, Knocklong, Co. Limerick V35PE04
- 4th July: Rincoola, Granard, Co. Longford N39W257
Performance Connemara, Irish Draught & Ridden Connemara RDS qualifiers SATURDAY
- 10th June: Forth Mountain Stud, Barton, Co. Wexford Y35YP57
- 17th June: Tullylish, Gilford, Co. Armagh BT636AR
- 24th June: Scarteen, Knocklong, Co. Limerick V35PE04
- 8th July: Rincoola, Granard, Co. Longford N39W257
Please familiarise yourself with the details of the competition under their competition tabs.