Health and Safety / Disclaimer
- Three signs will be posted at the entrance to each YES! Venue. Please read and comply with them.
Health and Safety
- The Organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. In order that these measures are effective, everyone entering these premises must take all reasonable care to avoid and prevent accidents. All persons present must obey at all times the instructions and directions of the Organisers and their designated Officials and Stewards.
- All equestrian sports present an inherent risk of injury to both participants and bystanders. Neither the Landowners nor the Organisers of this event accept any responsibility whatsoever for accident, injury, loss or damage to any person, property or exhibit howsoever caused or occurring on these premises. All persons passing this sign enter this property at their own risk and are understood to have implicitly accepted the above Disclaimer.
- Equestrianism is acknowledged as a high risk sport. We strongly advise all those attending YES! events (riders, owners, spectators etc) to ensure that they have appropriate and adequate insurance (personal, hospital, third party and public liability) and are covered for all eventualities.
- The Organisers reserve the right to photograph and video competitors taking part in the venues.
- When you attend a YES! event you may be photographed and/or filmed/recorded due to your presence at the event. The purpose of that photography or filming/recording is the legitimate interest of YES! and Horse Sport Ireland in using audio-visuals to publicise and promote the Qualifiers and Irish Sport Horse.
- Appropriate data may also be shared publicly for communications purposes on digital platforms (including social platforms), and through publications and media (including newspapers, television and radio).
- When we intend to record or photograph an event, we will inform you of this fact via our Public Announcement system. Clear visible signage will also be placed around the area(s) where the event is taking place.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use photographs, images, videos etc. arising from an entry for its own publicity purposes without further reference to or consent from the persons / competitors concerned.
- Personal data collected by YES! is used for the purposes of processing entries. It is required, stored, processed and disclosed to Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) and other bodies in accordance with the laws relating to proper treatment of personal data.
Information We May Collect From You
- We collect Data from you which you volunteer when you provide such Data to us, or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given other Data relating to you by other persons, or we may obtain such other Data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities.
- We may collect and process Data; including the following in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your Data:
- Your full name; your address; your various email addresses; your various phone numbers including mobile phone numbers; your address; financial information about you, including your bank account details, credit card details or other payment details; your date of birth; your event booking confirmation; photographs and/ or video images. We may require you to provide certain financial information in order to facilitate the processing of payments and all other Data which is necessary for us to process in order for us to fulfil our role as providing event organisation and other related services to you.
- We may also process other data, which is not personal data.
Security And Where We Store Your Data
- We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not however authorise any third party to use your Data for their own purposes. Non-EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of Your Data
- We use your Data that we hold to process your entries, promote qualifiers and provide information to HSI.
- The following processing activities are carried out for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by:
- Participants: When you submit an entry to YES! you provide us with your Data. We use this information to keep a record of your participation and to correspond with you in relation to your entry and for the administration and management of our Qualifiers.
- Appropriate data may be shared with relevant people and organisations associated with our events including: members of judging panels, HSI, attendees and other participants at events.
- Appropriate data may also be shared publicly for communications purposes on digital platforms (including social platforms), and through publications and media.
- Volunteers: If you volunteer for YES!, for example, if you act as a judge or steward at a Qualifier, you provide us with your Data. If you’re a volunteer then we may collect information about you. This information will be retained for legal or contractual reasons, to protect us (including in the event of an insurance or legal claim) and for safeguarding purposes.
- We do not conduct profiling.
- Where we process your Data based only on your consent, you may withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to bring a complaint to a supervisory authority if you have any complaints about the processing of your Data. In Ireland the Data Protection Commission is the supervisory authority.
- In circumstances where the provision of your Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, we will advise you at the point of collecting your Data whether the Data is a required field, and the consequences of not providing the Data.
- Where the Data is not provided by you, we will set out what the categories of Data are, and where we obtained the Data here.
- We may need to collect the following information, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Payment Information. When you make payments, we require certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. We may require identity verification information, in order to verify your identity and comply with applicable law.
How We Use The Payment Data Collected
- Enable you to pay for entries.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce our payment terms.
- We process this information in our legitimate interest in providing services and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
- As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: –
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- The right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
- YES! is the data processer on behalf of Horse Sport Ireland who are controllers of the data which is being collected for the following purposes:
- Research on horses competing in the Young Event-Horse Series
- Research on participation levels in the sport, industry
- Archival and historical purposes, to record the horses and riders competing at YES! / DHS qualifiers and to record the official results of the competitions.
- Identification of the percentage of Thoroughbred blood in the horses competing in the above competitions
Changes To This Policy
- We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will update our rules so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use Data and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our services or otherwise provide data to us after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Policy as modified.